Updated Sept. 2, 2021
New entrance open; enter the new Park Level entrance from Aberdeen Ave.
Enter the library through the new entrance in the library's lower level located on the east side of the building, facing the park and Smith Elementary.
Construction on the Main Level will produce periods of significant noise and may cause intermittent closures of the Main Level during the most intense demolition.
The Main Level will be closed to the public on Sept. 9 and 10 from 10AM-3PM. The Main Level entrance will be closed to the public for the duration of the next phase of construction.
On the Park Level:
- Children's Room and Books
- Teens Area and YA Books
- Audiovisual (audiobooks, movies, video games)
- Public Computers
On the Main Level (enter through the Park Level then navigate to the first floor):
- Adult Books
- Public Copier
Renovation work continues inside and outside Wright Library and phase II of the project will focus on the Main Level. Wright Library is committed to staying open throughout the project, but some periodic disruptions to services may occur.
What to Expect
- Patrons will enter the building from the Park Level Entrance From Aberdeen Ave. For some time, the walkways on Telford and the front of the building will be closed.
- Patrons will access the Main Level via the elevator and a stairwell.
- Portions of the Main Level will be closed for construction. Some materials and services, such as computers, will be moved to new, temporary locations, including the lower level.
- The library will remain open. However, there is a chance for short closures due to moving and construction. Any closures related to the construction will be communicated on the library’s website, email newsletter, and social media. When complete, the Main Level will have improved access to the main door, additional small conference room, new community room, new computer area, and fireside seating.
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we transition into Phase II of our Revitalization Project.