Library of Things
What is the Library of Things?
Wright Library's Library of Things offers a variety activities, equipment, tools, or kits so you can try something new, learn or develop a skill, accomplish practical tasks, make someone a gift, or discover a new hobby.
Create, build, tinker and learn at your own pace. Then share your experiences and creations on Wright Library's Facebook or Instagram.
Due to the potentially high replacement cost, borrowers must be 18 years or older and members of the library for at least two months. A signed liability waiver must also be on file with the library.
The Library of Things includes:
- Makerboxes - tools and supplies for creating things (listed below)
- Learning Kits - toys and games that encourage hands-on learning
- Activity Passes to local attractions like museums and parks
- Digital Devices like wifi hotspots and tablets
We have grouped some of our Things to help you discover related items based on your interests.
Some of our Things are specifically designed to help you tinker, design, construct, and create something new. We call them Makerboxes.
In some cases, you can keep your creations even after returning the rest of the kit.
- 3D Pen | Check Availability - Draw real objects using the 3D printing pen
- Arduino | Check Availability - Play with circuits, program, and invent with Arduino, an open source prototyping platform. Requires a home computer with internet access.
- Balloon Twisting | Check Availability - Learn to create balloon animals and sculptures
- Biology | Check Availability - Microscope with specimen slides; animal anatomy models that can be taken apart.
- Build a Constellation | Check Availability - Young learners can learn the points of the constellations in our night sky
- Building | Check Availability - Six different building sets, including GoldieBlox, Magnetic tiles, and Laser Pegs.
- Calligraphy | Check Availability - Colorful calligraphy markers and pens, guide book, practice notepad and slanted grid paper for hand-lettering practice
- Code-a-Pillar Twist & Bee-Bot | Check Availability - Borrow friendly these friendly little robots to help learn coding skills for young learners under 5
- Coding & Circuits | Check Availability - Enjoy board games designed to teach coding principles and experiment with Snap Circuits.
- Cricut Cutter 1 | Check Availability - Borrow the Cricut Explore Air 2 to use for paper crafting, vinyl creation, or custom home decor
- Cricut Cutter 2 | Check Availability - Borrow the Cricut Joy to use for small projects like greeting cards or vinyl decals
- Cubetto | Check Availability - A hands-on, screenless way for children to explore basic computer programming skills
- DIY Escape Room | Check Availability - Everything you need to make an original Escape Room at home
- Engineeering | Check Availability - Build with connectors, gears, wire, wheels, pulleys, dowels, clips, cups and more. Keep what you make and return everything else.
- Engineer Story Kits for pre-schoolers
- Aircraft Engineer Story | Check Availability
- Automobile Engineer Story | Check Availability
- Robot Engineer Story | Check Availability
- Gaming | Check Availability - Tools to invent your own video game or tabletop board game.
- Harry Potter Movie & Game Night | Check Availability - Watch all of the 8 feature films or play Trivial Pursuit World of HP, HP Labyrinth, or Pictionary Air-HP
- Harry Potter Party | Check Availability - Use the Harry Potter themed baking and candy making molds to make HP themed treats
- Interior Design | Check Availability - Unique tools to help you re-imagine your living space.
- Juggling | Check Availability - Learn to juggle clubs, rings, balls, and scarves from an illustrated instruction book
- Kids Construction | Check Availability - Snap-together building sets
- Knitting & Crochet | Check Availability - Supplies, equipment, and instructions for beginning knitting and crocheting.
- Makey Makey | Check Availability - Map keys on your keyboard to any conductive object, like carrots, play dough, or water. Requires a home computer with internet access.
- Maneuverability Driver's Ed Set | Check Availability - Cones and instructions to set up your own driving test practice course
- Mini Studio | Check Availability - Try vlogging (video blogging) with this Mini Studio
- Movie Making | Check Availability - GoPro camera with accessories to help you make your own movie. Create a stop action film with Animation Studio.
- Oral History & Podcasting | Check Availability - All the equipment you need to record family history or make a podcast.
- Parachute Games | Check Availability - Have fun with this 12 foot heavy duty play parachute and the 4-person game, ParaShoot Set
- Pattern Making | Check Availability - Pattern games for pre-school and early elementary learners
- Pottery Wheel | Check Availability - Make a pot or vase with a pottery wheel, tools, clay, and how-to books. Air dry clay, then paint to decorate.
- Quilting | Check Availability - Basic supplies to cut fabric for quilting
- Radon Detector | Check Availability - Measure radon gas levels in your home
- Raspberry Pi | Check Availability - Use a tiny computer the size of a credit card to program, invent, play games and more. Requires a TV with an HDMI connection.
- Relaxation | Check Availability - Try your hand at Zentangle, use the Buddha Board, or the Tibetan Singing Bowl Set
- Sewing Machine | Check Availability - Sew up your own styles with the Brother CS6000i, thread and a beginner’s guide to sewing.
- Spinning Wheel | Check Availability - Hand-spin your own yarn with a drop spindle and spinning wheel
- Telescope | Check Availability - Portable telescope for exploring the night sky
- Ukuleles | Check Availability - Make music alone or with friends-- individual ukuleles or sets are available for checkout.
- Unicycle | Check Availability - Try a new recreational hobby by checking out the library's Avenir Deluxe Unicycle (20-inch wheel).
- Vehicle Diagnostic Reader | Check Availability - Diagnostic tool to help you determine why a warning light is on in your car
Read our Makerbox Policy and Waiver and bring in the printed form, completed and signed, so you're ready to check out.