Wright Library now offers curbside return and holds pickup.
- Wright Library has curbside service on Telford Avenue, Monday-Friday 10 a.m.-1 p.m. & 2-7 p.m., Saturday 10-1 & 2-5.
- Learn how to place holds and schedule curbside pickup.
- Return items in a contactless process under the Telford Avenue tent.
- No overdue fines will be assessed until July 1, 2020
This partial reopening of library service involves extensive safety measures to ensure the health of the public and library staff, including:
- All employees will wear personal protective equipment as required by State Orders and will practice social distancing at all times.
- The materials return and curbside pickup processes will be contactless.
- Recently returned circulating materials will be quarantined prior to recirculation among the general public.
Other current services:
- Phone calls, emails, and research requests will be answered during modified library hours.
- Youth Services is broadcasting storytimes and other programs on Facebook Live.
- Virtual programs for all ages
- We have added more titles to the CloudLibrary eBook and eAudiobook service. Many titles are available with little or no wait time. Learn how to download CloudLibrary.
- Database access has expanded, including home access the Ancestry Library Edition.
- Library Wi-Fi is available 24/7 on much of the library’s property and can be enjoyed for free using your own device.
- Printing pickup is available. Use Mobile Printing then call to arrange a pickup time.
Sign up for email notification as new services are announced.
(Email list updated on May 29. If you think you should be getting emails, and have not, please check your spam or promotion folder. If you still have concerns, please email email@example.com)
Library services during closure
Email from March 13, updated March 17
The response to the announcement that the library is closing has been an affirmation of how highly you value Wright Library. The building was buzzing with patrons stocking up on books and movies as they prepare for staying home.
Wright Library staff are developing ways to serve the community during this closure. While this is a work in progress, we wanted to provide you with an update:
* Phone lines and research desk e-mails will be answered during regular hours M-F 10 a.m.- 7 p.m. and Sat.; 1 p.m.-5 p.m.
* Youth Services is working on adaptive ways to deliver programs, such as broadcasting storytimes and other programs on Facebook Live.
* We are developing a procedure for patron hold pickup.
* We have added more titles to the CloudLibrary, an ebook and audiobook service. These are available on demand little or no wait time on most titles.
* The Library’s Wi-Fi is available 24/7 on much of the library’s property and can be enjoyed for free using your own device.
Sincerely, Kristi Hale, Library Director
Wright Library closing 9 p.m. March 13
Email from March 13, 2020, updated April 6
Dear Library Friends and Cardholders:
The State of Ohio’s response to COVID-19 is changing rapidly. As recently as this morning, Wright Library hoped to remain open during this health crisis, however it’s clear now that to safeguard the health and safety of our patrons, staff, and community, the Wright Library facility must close beginning 9 p.m, Friday March 13.
Patrons are encouraged to delay returning items they have in their possession and will not be penalized for returning library materials late during this period.
We invite you to explore everything we have to offer on our website, wrightlibrary.org. Wright Library offers remote access to resources for all ages 24/7, including:
Don’t already have a library card? Sign up for a Wright Library eCard to gain virtual, remote access to Wright Library’s digital collections.
There are many steps you can take to help keep yourselves and the community safe. Information is available at coronavirus.ohio.gov, and Ohio's coronavirus call center is open to answer questions from 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. daily. The hotline number is 1-833-4-ASK-ODH or 1-833-427-5634. The library has additional local information on the virus at wrightlibrary.org/covid-19.
We will continue to keep you informed of the library’s response plans. If you have questions, please call the library at (937) 294-7171.