Wright Library now offers online eCards for new patrons who only want virtual, remote access to Wright Library's digital collections.
For patrons wishing to borrow physical items, please see our Get a Card page instead.
- free -- just like our standard library cards -- and also free from fines!
- virtual only; no physical card is involved, no visit to the library is required;
- used to access eBooks, eAudiobooks, streaming video and audio, and other online resources requiring a library card;
- available to any current Ohio resident (proof required) who does not yet have a Wright Library card
- To comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, Wright Library does not collect information from minors under the age of 13 through our website. If you would like your child to have a Wright Library card, please download and complete this form and return it by email, fax, or mail, along with a copy of the parent/guardian’s photo ID.
- not valid for borrowing any physical items;
- upgradable to a standard library card by visiting the library in person, with proper ID + proof of address (see Get a Card for standard card requirements);
- not for existing Wright Library patrons -- those in good standing already have access to our digital content using their library card. Contact the library if you have problems with an existing library card account.
To register for an eCard:
- Complete our online registration form.
- Check the "eCard only" box near the bottom of the form.
- Within 1-2 business days, receive an email with your new eCard number, plus instructions for submitting proof of your Ohio address.
- Submit your valid proof of address within 14 days of the email to confirm your eCard.
- If you do not provide verification within 14 days, your card will be deactivated.
With an eCard, you gain to access to thousands of popular digital titles in a variety of formats. (See our Digital Services page.)
eCards never have overdue fines.
If you decide later that you want a physical card with access to our physical collection (including books, movies, video games, Wifi hotspots and other devices, museum passes, and Makerboxes) just visit the library in person with valid photo ID + proof of current address to upgrade to a card with full borrowing privileges. For information about applying for a standard cards, visit Get a Card.