Programs focused on making a positive environmental impact in our community
Find resources and events that inspire you to have a positive impact on the natural world, literally in your own back (or front) yard. Wright Library's Local Ecology program series includes book discussions, talks from naturalists, and practical guides on what you can do to make a difference from your own neighborhood.
BioBlitz Week 2022
- City-Wide BioBlitz. All ages.
- April 29 through May 3
- Nighttime Mothing Meetup. All ages.
- April 29, 9-11PM at Old Barn Camp, Hills and Dales MetroParks
- BioBlitz Guided Hikes. All ages. (Registration required)
- Community Social. All ages.
- POSTPONED due to tornado warning on May 3, 6:30 PM
- NEW DATE May 5, 6:30 PM
- Pollination Investigation Exhibit. For children.
- now through May 8
Prepare Your Yard to Support Wintering Pollinators, 10/5/2021
Native Plant Social at Wright Library, 9/29/2021
Oakwood Native Plant Yard Tour, 6/22/2021
Nature's Best Hope Community Read events, April 2021 (DISCUSSION GUIDE AVAILABLE)
Watching the Seasons in the Miami Valley: Notes by Bill Felker, 4/21/2021